http://bestflights.co.za/asia/japan/tokyo – Visit for extra data on Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo just isn’t a single metropolis, however a constellation of cities which have grown collectively. With a complete inhabitants exceeding 13 million within the official metropolitan space alone, it’s the most populated city space on the planet. Greater Tokyo has a inhabitants of 35 million folks. The metropolis, being over 400 years previous, grew from a modest fishing village of Edo.
What to see / do
* Koishikawa Korakuen — Oldest and most lovely Japanese panorama backyard
* Shibuya — a middle for youth trend and tradition
* The Ginza — most well-known upmarket procuring, eating and leisure district, that includes quite a few department shops, boutiques, artwork galleries, eating places, night time golf equipment and cafes.
* Tokyo Disneyland — A theme park based mostly on the movies produced by Walt Disney.
* Tokyo Imperial Palace — A big park space surrounded by moats and big stone partitions and the residence of Japan’s Imperial Family.
* Yasukuni Shrine — Built so as to commemorate and worship those that have died in battle for his or her nation
* Yoyogi Koen — One of the most important metropolis parks, that includes vast lawns, ponds and forested areas. It is a good place for jogging, picnicking and different out of doors actions.
* Tokyo International Anime Fair – The Japanese animation business commerce honest, one of many largest animation associated occasions on the planet
* The Tokyo Game Show — Held since 1996, it is likely one of the world’s largest recreation exhibits
* The Sanja Matsuri — A 3-day pageant held in celebration of the three founders of Sensoji Temple, who’re enshrined as Shinto gods
* The Sanno Matsuri – Festival with a parade that winds by way of virtually 20 kilometers of central Tokyo
* The Tokyo Motor Show — one of many world’s prime motor exhibits, introducing new vehicles, bikes and industrial automobiles.